Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Real vs Fake

We just had a fun week-end in Calgary and Cardston visiting lots of family. More on that later. One thing I wanted to mention before I forgot was an incident at my parents house. We had gone down to the campground in Cardston to see the Romeril clan who were also having a family gathering. Jeff and Jenny and kids had gone back to the house as it was time for their little Jensen to wake up from his nap. When Clark and I got back, Brittney was there with Rachel. She also was at an Orr gathering and dropped over to see us. Rachel was off across the yard playing on the swings with the other kids. I called out to her to say "Hi!" She looked over at me strangely and I think the afternoon sun was in her eyes. Suddenly, she started running across the yard with her arms outstretched and then she yelled, " Hey, it's the real Grandma!" I am assuming that she was referring to the fact that she has seen a couple of great-grandmas!" But, I hope that I can always be the "real" grandma. I love all of you "grand"kids!

2 comments: